Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts icon is missing on screen of new iPhone - can't sync with Addressbook on Mac

I recently bought an iPhone 4S. I noticed that the Contacts icon is missing on the home screen (should be there according to the manual).

Is that the reason why I can't sync my contacts with Address Book on my Mac?

My contacts are visible via Phone icon. Data were imported from my Mac but not exactly as in my Address Book. Some entries are missing.

Strange situation!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 8:55 AM

The Contacts app is, by default, in the Utilities folder.

3 replies

Feb 18, 2012 9:03 AM in response to Edebondt

It's a pre-installed app and therefore cannot be deleted so you may have inadvertently moved it onto a screen or into a folder, usually the utilities folder. Check all screens and folders and do a search in Spotlight, it will tell you if the app it still on your iPhone but unfortunately not where it is. If you find it on one or your screens or in a folder, press the icon until it wiggles and then drag it back to where you want it. Alternatively you can reset your home screen in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

Contacts icon is missing on screen of new iPhone - can't sync with Addressbook on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.