Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2 gives me ""accessory is not supported" message w/ VGA adapter that I used lots of times before. Now it's not working. Why? and how do I get it back to normal functioning?

Ipad2 gives me ""accessory is not supported" message w/ VGA adapter that I used lots of times before. Now it's not working. Why? and how do I get it back to normal functioning?

I used the (Apple branded) VGA adapter lots of times last year. Now I got back to one place I used it many times and it does not work. When I restart iPad with the adapter connected, I get the "accessory is not supported"message. But that same accessory WAS supported before.

This is very annoying as I planned a whole bunch of presentations starting this week to do with my iPad2 and that adapter.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:45 PM

7 replies

Aug 7, 2012 11:14 AM in response to davidfmendes

I received the same error message, "Accessory Not Supported" from both the VGA and DV video adapters I purchased, both were boxed direct from Apple. However, to bypass this problem I simply clicked on Photos icon on iPad2 and flipped through photos until it displayed on my projector. I then exited the Photos app and my home screen displayed fine on the projection screen.

Some logic issue with the video adapters, but launching Apple Photo app initializes the video adapters then they work fine for mirroring after that.

Platform: iPad2

IOS: 5.1.1

Best regards!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.