Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad is disabled connect to itunes. how do i fix this?

my ipad say its disabled and that i need to connect to itunes. but i havent connected it to itunes in the first place. when i tried it says i need to unlock it from the ipad, but i cant because i cant do anything on it. its just the background and it says ipad is disabled connect to itunes. on itunes it doesnt have the option to choose my device. how do i unlock it? i already tried to turn off the power, hold the home and power button at the same time etc. but it didnt work either.

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 2:57 PM

8 replies

Mar 2, 2012 4:31 PM in response to lenalu

Try placing your iPad into Recovery mode. If successful, this will require restoring your iPad with iTunes which is required. Unless you have an iCloud account and have backed up your iPad wirelessly with your iCloud account, all data on your iPad will be lost since you have never connected your iPad to iTunes for iTunes to create a backup which is done automatically as the first step during the iTunes sync process.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4097?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

ipad is disabled connect to itunes. how do i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.