Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My itunes wont let me restore my iphone 4 and I cant get in it at all, how can this be fixed?

My computer tried to update my iphone and now it wont show up in itunes AT ALL. And it says restore but when I try to restore it says not able to restore.

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 5, my iphone wont show up in itunes.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 2:01 PM

I'm glad to help. What I reccomend is try putting your iPhone in Recovery Mode which turns your iPhone off and displays an iTunes Logo meaning that you must connect it to iTunes and restore it:

Here is a quick support link on how to set your iDevice into Recovery Mode when its unable to update or restore.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Also beofore you do, make sure that your iPhone has been backed up with iTunes before.

If your iPhone has not been backed up into iTunes beofre this happened, its possible that you might lose some data.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2012 2:01 PM in response to jlauren626

I'm glad to help. What I reccomend is try putting your iPhone in Recovery Mode which turns your iPhone off and displays an iTunes Logo meaning that you must connect it to iTunes and restore it:

Here is a quick support link on how to set your iDevice into Recovery Mode when its unable to update or restore.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Also beofore you do, make sure that your iPhone has been backed up with iTunes before.

If your iPhone has not been backed up into iTunes beofre this happened, its possible that you might lose some data.

Mar 8, 2012 8:56 PM in response to jlauren626

Are you sure Recovery Mode didn't pop out with the iTunes logo. It had to. In other words from my own Experience try exactly this:

1. Have your iDevice not connected to anything.

2. Hold the Power button + Home button for about 10 seconds.

3. After the 10 seconds, release your finger from the Power button BUT you MUST keep holding the Home button with out letting go of it.

4. While holding the Home button connect it to iTunes, even if the iTunes logo is not on screen and your screen is black.

5. In iTunes, a message will display telling what to do after.

Good luck. Let me know if you need more help!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

My itunes wont let me restore my iphone 4 and I cant get in it at all, how can this be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.