Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPAD 2 will not switch on

My IPAD 2 will not switch on properly

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 1:16 PM

By 'properly' you mean ?

Have you tried a reset ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds,, after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

3 replies

Mar 8, 2012 1:25 PM in response to Parsniplover

Could be a couple of things:

1. Are you pressing the right button. The on/off button is the one on the top if you hold the iPad in portrait. It is also the sleep/wake button.

2. You have to press in and hold this button to turn the iPad on.

3. Is it charged up? If the battery runs out, you cannot turn it back on until it has charged up to at least 5%.

4. You could try a 'hard reset'. This involves pressing and holding both the home button (the one on the front of the device below the screen if held in portrait) and the sleep/wake button (described in 1. Above) until the apple logo appears on the screen. This does not delete all the music, videos, contacts, settings etc. on the device, it is just like rebooting a pc.

Let me know if any of those fixes work.

My IPAD 2 will not switch on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.