Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No youtube icon after apple-tv update on 9th march

After I updated my AppleTV2 software on 9th march 2012, all icons (like youtube) are gone except for "computers" and "settings".

Does this mean, I cannot watch Youtube anylonger.

I stay in India.

rgds

sudhansu

AppleTV 2, iOS 5.0.1, Software version: appletv 5.0(4099)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 11:48 AM

I was trying to login to the Itune store through AT2, after this 2 icon Issue.

Not sure, how, but the report issue is gone?

May be AT2, keeps on trying in the background to get the missing informations during the Upgrade.

9 replies

Mar 23, 2012 10:19 AM in response to hipzan

Be sure you are logged in to the I-tunes store with your account information. Once you are logged in to the store all the icons will appear. Many more icons will now appear than before the 5.0 update. I am in Dubai, UAE and log in to the United States store. It seams to be working fine now.

Youtube was the only function of AppleTV that actually worked. My home sharing drops every 5-10 minutes. I have never been able to watch one single movie or listen to one complete CD without it dropping. i gave up on Apple TV one year ago and now use it for a paperweight. The kids like youtube on the TV. But you dont really need AppleTV to browse Youtube on your TV.

Mar 24, 2012 10:16 AM in response to sudhansu

I have your answer. The same happened to me. All icons one day, the next only computers and settings. I tried making sure the account is set to US and even restarted and unplugged unit. Still didn't work.

What it was was my just expired credit card on my iTunes account.

Once I updated it, everything came back. Apple needs to look into this because the features unrelated to an iTunes account like YouTube or Netflix or even the movie trailers should always be available regardless of a valid iTunes account.

No youtube icon after apple-tv update on 9th march

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.