Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you Clean iPad screen

Hi there, I've been having a few problems keeping my iPad screen clean since having to remove the screen protector due to a very tight fitting gel case...anyway I was in the Apple store in Reading today and the guy who helped me at the genius bar said not to use a screen protector and that Johnson baby wipes are the best way to clean the screen ... I guess as he works for Apple I should trust him but wondered what others thought about this suggestion?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 2:20 PM

See Here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3226

12 replies

Mar 11, 2012 2:42 PM in response to Jojhanji

I would stay away from "baby wipes" because they usually have oil in them to sooth the baby's skin and protect against diaper rash.

I would stay away from window cleaning cloths as they often have ammonia in them which is great for cleaning windows, but will likely play havoc with the oil resistant coating on the iPad.

I use a microfiber cloth from a local optical shop that is intended for glasses. It works great. just rub a bit harder, the front glass is corning gorilla glass, you cannot hurt it with a good cleaning cloth.

How do you Clean iPad screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.