Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Not Working Correctly After iOS 5.1 Update

Before updating my iPhone 4S's software to 5.1 the Bluetooth connected to my vehichle's Bluetooth radio and worked perfectly. Now if I receive or make a call, the Bluetooth connects and rings through, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Also, my music will no longer play through the vehicle (which worked perfectly before the update). The song title shows up on the vehicle's radio but no audio. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else having this problem or know what's going on? I'd really appreciate the help as I use this feature on a daily basis. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS On a side note, this update made an amazing difference on my battery life on my iPhone 4S. I used to charge my phone every night and have about 40% remaining at the end of the day...now it's about 85% left at the end of the day with the same amount of usage!

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 7:12 AM

15 replies

Mar 12, 2012 2:44 PM in response to Randy from Western PA

I am having the exact same issue with my Kenwood. My phone pairs with the system but the system won't pair with the phone.

I retreived an incoming call from the stereo system yesterday evening, I upgraded to IOS 5.1 this morning, and now it doesn't work at all.

Tried to reset everything and re-pair, but it isn't working.

I'm at a loss.What good was the upgrade. I have a quality car audio system with mic for hands free communication.

What gives Apple?

Mar 20, 2012 8:22 AM in response to Randy from Western PA

I was enjoying my new Epson Stylus NX430 printer, with AirPrint, made especially for Bluetooth wireless printing with the iPad, on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS, until I upgraded to IOS 5.1. I was also enjoying my Jawbone Jambox, a great portable speaker, prior to updating to 5.1. Once updated, neither Apple device will pair with either Bluetooth device?! I've tried everything, nothing seems to work?

I just picked up a new iPad (3rd gen) with 5.1 from the Apple Store, it will not pair with either device. It seems that there is a definite iOS 5.1 problem with Bluetooth connectivity?!

Any other suggestions? Thanks.....

Apr 29, 2012 6:17 PM in response to Randy from Western PA

Same issue here. I did a hard reset on the phone, and un-paired the phone on the radio, and re-paired them. I can make/receive calls, and view the contact list. When I try to play the music, it doesn't work. I only see the controls, and when I press the play button, the radio goes silent like it's connecting, and then it turns the radio back on.

Any update?

Jul 28, 2012 8:20 PM in response to Randy from Western PA

Randy, a lot of times when you update, the updating will change settings, or as I did I some how inadvertently changed a setting.

If the speaker setting on the phone, is set for front speakers, as I did, but had the fade set to the back speakers. I could not get any music with blue tooth.

Set your phone settings for speakers to ALL. It fixed my problem.

Hope you have got this info by now, but if not this may be your fix too.

Best regards

TomBroadstone

Bluetooth Not Working Correctly After iOS 5.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.