Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.1.4 Bank of America

Upon updating to Safari 5.1.4, I can no longer sign in to Bank of America's Account Page. Entering a username, causes a blank page to be displayed. This occurs in both Private Browsing and regular browsing.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 12:16 AM

13 replies

Mar 13, 2012 12:59 AM in response to Tim Fall

Hi Tim,

Open Keychain Access located in /Applications/Utilities

Select Passwords on the left.

Type bank of america in the search field top right corner of the window.

Now right or control click that keychain then click Delete.

Now with Safari open, go to Safari > Preferences then select the Autofill tab. Make sure User names and passwords is selected.

Now select the Privacy tab. Click Remove All Website Data

Quit then reluanch Safari. Navigate to the Bank of America site. Login with your user name and password. You will be prompted to save that data to a new keychain, click Yes.

Mar 19, 2012 7:38 AM in response to Tim Fall

I'm having the same or a similar problem. There's no passcode field and I don't see a site key. When I enter my username and location, there's no other option other than "sign in", but this takes me to the screen that says

The information you entered does not match our records. Please verify your information.

What did you do to solve your login problem?

Mar 19, 2012 5:20 PM in response to randyslovacek

The problem I was having was a missing script on Bank of Amereica's end. In other words their server was messed up. It may still be, I haven't checked. If you're having problems, check the URL that you are forwarded to during the authentication process. I it says "onlineeast" somewhere in it, it may be the same server that I as having problems with. If the authentication is not done properly, this may affect the ability to use the account page.

The quick way to get around this I used was to force it to load the mobile version of the site by using an iPhone user agent string. This lets you do some basic things, but trying to change back to the regular site after authenticating results in the same errors.

You might want to complain to Bank of America if the problem still exists. Im surprised they haven't caught that there is an error with potentially a wide area of effect.

Apr 1, 2012 11:16 PM in response to jbaccounts

Actually the problem is that Bank of America seems to have changed the login screens which come up asking for your password (and your security question answers). You can see this if you visit with a different browser. The problem is there is likely a script that checks to see if the browser that someone is using is compatible with the site, and only forwards connections with approved browsers. They likely forgot to add Safari to the list. This actually happens quite frequently.

As for the www.bofa.com/mobi. This site no longer seems to exist (likely because it was only designed for simple mobile phone browsers). To get to the mobile site, you can change your user agent string to any mobile browser and go to the regular site.

Sorry this doesn't help much, but this does tend to happen.

Safari 5.1.4 Bank of America

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.