Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will ipad bought in US cover warranty in India

If I purchase a Ipad in the Us and carry it for use in India, will the warranty cover for the first year in India ?

iPad, iOS 5.1, LTE based iPad

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 1:28 PM

8 replies

Mar 13, 2012 2:09 PM in response to rpasupul

As long as it's the GSM (AT&T) model, not Verizon model, you should be able to get service in any country where the iPad has been released. The warranty on the iPad is international, though you won't be able to get service on the new iPad until it's officially released in India. Also, in some cases authorized Apple service centers have balked at handling products purchased from outside the country, though they shouldn't. Make sure you carry a copy of your receipt to provide proof of purchase.

Regards.

Aug 17, 2012 8:23 PM in response to Daniel Ebeck

Well in india they insist thatbifnyou happened to buynapplecare elsewhere they would NOT help you. Or if you did buy AppleCare from india, they would anonymously and without consent change the details of your apple Id (In my case my iTunes and app store card, Ive just been visiting, and decided to buy the iPad 3 here. Grave mistake, they aren't even concerned that this is a legal issue, and after the sale they refuse to return my calls. For apples info this is the very famous authorized reseller in south mumbai, iMagine store at atria mall, world mumbai. The 3 people that work there are completely uninformed about anything not in a brochure in front of you, and are rude, refusing to resolve a potentially horrific disaster, by using hanging my iCloud id. They mentioned that theynwouldmmail my AppleCare warranty to me within 2 weeks. Now they have simply changed my apple iTunes I'd details and have no intention to even ackknowledge that I did not give them my password, or sign any right for them to change my details; only I am allowed to do that. They did so without my knowledge and I am still having iTunes problems with this device (not my iPhone) I think I may need to take this up as a legal matter given the circumstances.

Apr 8, 2013 4:01 AM in response to jahangir vakil

hi

1 My sister is gifting ipad mini 64gb with cellular.. from usa.. should i accept it, would there be trouble warranty issues ? - i m from mumbai ... i hate indian attitude towards paid devices..where company already takes all the buffering for services and parts - in the price tag. - samsung / apple etc. then y do staff members of company try to save companies money instead of making customers happy

please ans my Q

2 AT&T version will work here ? or will have to unlock it?

us priceusa priceindia pricedifference
32 GBwifi$429 $480 $51 INR 2,958
32 GBcellular$559 $618 $59 INR 3,422
64 GBwifi$535 $585 $50 INR 2,900
64 GBcellular$659 $722 $63 INR 3,654

Apr 8, 2013 5:25 AM in response to ipad2020

You are not addressing Apple here

This is a user to user forum , NO Apple staff

Things have changed since this Thread was started

The iPad warranty now says MAY whereas the earlier iPads seemed to get service outside

the country of purchase largely since there was only one iPad

Now there are multiple models with differring network capabilities

(as in LTE 4G)

I would suspect there will be the same issues with current iPads as with

iPhones ie no warranty service outside country of purchase as in India they do not have the models sold in USA

Save your money

Will ipad bought in US cover warranty in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.