Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no personal hotspot option verizon ipad 3

received my new verizon ipad "3" lte and under cellular data there is no option for personal hotspot. this was the reason i chose verizon over att since verizon said they would offer the personal hotspot feature at no extra cost (incl in the data plan)

where is it verizon??

anybody see the personal hotspot?

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 3:49 PM

8 replies

Mar 20, 2012 6:21 AM in response to dreborn1982

I am having this issue, too, but think I am figuring it out. I bought my Verizon iPad3 at a Best Buy, and when I was there, the salesperson asked me if I was going to set up the Verizon month-to-month service, and I said yes. She said that she could do that for me while I was checking out. I said "can't I just do it from the iPad as soon as I leave the store?," and she responded "yeah, you could, but it will run on a different network, and won't be as fast." I questioned her, and she said that this is what their managers are telling them. At any rate, I let her activate the $30 2GB data for me.

Long story short, I realized this morning that I cannot access my Verizon acct (get error message) from my iPad, nor does the Personal Hotspot feature show up in my settings. I called Verizon, and they have just told me that the Best Buy salesperson signed me up for a CONTRACT, not a pre-pay, and that they also charged me a $35 activation fee. I had Verizon immediately cancel the contract, and that, in turn, made my SIM card no longer work. Verizon is now having me take my iPad to a local store where they will have to replace my SIM card, and hopefully I can get it working again.

To the original poster- did you activate your iPad data from the iPad, or did the store do it for you?

Nov 23, 2012 1:45 AM in response to Avenge

Yes, the verizon ipads have SIM cards for LTE access,, and as people have discovered, AT&T access if you get a sim. They also work in Europe if you buy a sim for whatever country you are in.

The other difference in sign up is if you sign up on the Ipad you can only use Verizon towers. If you sign up with Verizon as a monthly customer, you get verizon towers and other towers they have roaming agreements with. Previously you were not committed to a contract with this monthly plan, but I don't know with these new family share plans. So best buy would be wrong about being slower (many factors in speed conditions) but there would be fewer towers if you signed up pre-paid from the Ipad.

P.S. all the 4G devices at Verizon have SIM cards. but some of them, like the original Droid Razr do not have GSM transmitters in them so they will not work on AT&T or inEurope.

no personal hotspot option verizon ipad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.