Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Video Mirror to my Iphone Projector

Hello

I have bought the new iPad recently.

I have a projector for my Iphone 4s which i recieved as a gift

http://www.brookstone.com/pocket-projector-for-iphone-4

I also recieved a dokc extender wire that I used to connect my iPad to my Iphone projector. It is 30 pin on both ends and supports video out.

So far I can't do true video mirroring. I can use video-out functions (videos, photos, youtube, select Video/out apps), but I am looking to reproduce the entire screen via my projector.

Do i need to turn something on true video monitoring or is there a very specfic cable i am missing? I was kind of hoping this would work. Its nice to have some limited video out functionality but the mirroring function was one of my selling points.

I hope someone can help.

Also I am relatively new to the apple world...so don't be afraid to elaborate.

Thank you.

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 8:21 PM

4 replies

Mar 19, 2012 8:52 PM in response to celliott147

I'm going to be honest, after I read your reply my first thought was to do the following

Buy the HDMI adapter, connect it to the ipad, then connect the hdmi wire, then find another adapter to go from the HDMI out back to a 30 pin to connect the phone (while creating a mesh of wires)

Silly? Absolutely

Infinitely cheaprer than the portable projectors out there? Absolutely

Mar 19, 2012 9:00 PM in response to celliott147

Yes the apple tv looks like a good option, only issue being I'm a bit of a cord cutter (so my tv is quite...bad and thus nothing that shows up on that screen is worth watching)

My main interest was in making my existing gifted projector work with mirroring. I suppose i got too hopeful that when the iPad performed Video-Out that it would also do mirroring on the projector, but I guess not for some reason.

How to Video Mirror to my Iphone Projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.