Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which InvisibleSHIELD for iPad 3?

Just wondering if it's advisable to get an InvisibleSHIELD for the iPad 3, and if so, which model, regular or HD?

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-ipad-3-cases-screen-protectors-covers- skins-shields.php

Also, do you have any installation tips that will make installing one easier or more successful?

iPhone-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Airport Extreme

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 8:24 AM

11 replies

Mar 23, 2012 9:06 AM in response to Kelly Crossley

I ended ordering the HD screen cover since Best Buy didn't have them on hand. Make sure to look up discount codes if ordering direct since it'll save you a few bucks. Currently I have the Otter Box for the New iPad, so I'm just waiting for my delivery of the screen protector next week. At that point I'll be removing the built in plastic screen protector on the Otter Box, installing the Zagg HD screen protector, and should be good to go.

On my iPad 1 I had an Otter Box and Zagg shield as well, so when I traded it in I got the highest amount the day before the new iPad went on sale.

Mar 25, 2012 6:34 AM in response to Kelly Crossley

I bought the ZAGG HD cover yesterday as well. It is a great cover but as I always is the case with me, I messed up putting the cover on and I removed it this morning. I am toying with the idea of no screen protector this time now because the retina display is so spectacular that I'm not sure I want to spoil it with the screen protector.

In all fairness, I did such a lousy job of applying it last night, and that may have been the problem. The view of the screen was very clear, but I had too many bubbles that did not come out this morning, so I removed it.

I did the same thing with my iPad original model. The second protector went on fine. I guess if I plan on using a screen protector, I should just bite the bullet and buy two at a time! 😁

Mar 25, 2012 7:01 AM in response to Demo

I was rather anal about preparation when I put mine on. Vacuuming the area, etc. The trick I used for the bubbles, the ones that didnt go away in 48 ours, i took a needle to the cover, carfully popping one tiny little hole to let the air out. Mine is now bubble free and the only issues is the edge where it props into my zagg keyboard. totally livable. They are good but they are not easy to put on.

Mar 25, 2012 7:11 AM in response to Skydiver119

I am much better at putting the second one on. I've applied these protectors about 8 times in the past. I have put these shields on several iPods and my kids two iPhones.

It was late when I put the cover on last night. I was out with the family at a movie. By the time that I set up my new iPad I was really tired and should have let it go until this morning. I also bought a Targus case that I am not wild about so I am off to Best Buy this morning to return it and I may just get the Otterbox Defender or the Griffin Cover that is on sale today. They both have built in screen protectors and I could use the extra protection for the iPad that these covers provide. I am not getting younger and I get clumsier by the day.

The ZAGG HD screen protector was very clear and had I put it on properly, it would have been fine. I still have a ZAGG screen protector on my original iPad and I put that one on with great success. I would recommend them for anyone looking for quality screen protectors for any electronic device.

Mar 26, 2012 8:00 AM in response to Kelly Crossley

i bought the Zagg HD for my Ipad3 - good protection - does not seem to distort the retina display - I guess Im lucky in that there is a Zagg kiosk in the mall near me - they didnt have the HD protector so i had to order it from Zagg - but when it cam i took it to the person at the kiosk and they put it on for me ( charged $10) - there were a few bubbles but they disappeared by the next day

Which InvisibleSHIELD for iPad 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.