Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I play app games on my tv using Apple TV?

How do I get apps on my Apple tv? In my "Library" listing I have Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U and Photo but no Apps. Also is mirroring available with the original iPad or just iPad2 and the new iPad? I did activate Home Sharing on my PC and I suspect that is why I'm able to access my music and all but the apps. I am using wireless WiFi. Thanks for any help you may offer.

IPad, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 7:20 AM

You can't use your apps with the Apple TV, you will need to use AirPlay from your iPad.

5 replies

Mar 25, 2012 9:31 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I did tap the airplay icon and selected iPad. I don't know where to go next (btw, I have the original iPad so can't do mirroring). Please take me from this point to where Road Race2 magically appears on my TV. I did look at the RR2 splash screen on my ipad, but didnt see any reference to Air Play or its icon, so I'm stumped.

Thanks again for spending time with me to sort this thing out - appreciate it.

How can I play app games on my tv using Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.