Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappointed: No LTE 4G New iPad Tethering from ATT for Now

Hi Friends:

I was surprised to find that the new iPad currently does not support 4G LTE tethering via at least ATT for now. This finding underscores the lack of confidence I am developing for Apple. No, I don't think there is a better "computer" company at this time, but Apple's big company-ness is interfering with a variety of things that made Apple what it was at its best. In this regard, Apple's new-iPad advertising widely hearlds LTE 4G tethering without mentioning the current lack thereof at least through ATT. Is 4G LTE tethering available via Verizon? On the ATT issue, the latest that I have been able to find out via ATT is that Apple and ATT are trying to get 4G LTE tethering working. Except for the tethering issue, I like the new iPad very much.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 8:46 AM

Why are you blaming Apple for something AT&T has chosen not to implement? The personal hotspot works great on Verizon.

9 replies

Mar 28, 2012 9:26 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

i am sure I read somewhere that the tethering was possible to all At&T subscribers where the locale supports the service, and the sims being used were time subscription plans - the only downside being that all devices had to be on the network too - rather like Apple's current homesharing setup where all devices are on the same wireless network. Correct me if i am misinformed.

p.s. There has also been a problem with the sims shipped with the devices which were prepay sims and not the correct time subscription sims.

Disappointed: No LTE 4G New iPad Tethering from ATT for Now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.