Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much does it cost for apple to replace a iPad 3rd generation with a couple of tiny dents on the back?

My iPad has a couple of tiny dents on the back of it. I dont have applecare for this ipad. Apple says it would be $299 to replace the ipad. Does anyone know if that is true? Can apple fix the dents or can they replace the ipad? What should I do?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 1:30 PM

60 replies

Mar 29, 2012 1:44 PM in response to samfromia

Why don't you just buy one of the many "Back Covers" that are available to protect iPads and look great. The dents apparently are not an issue functionally so it would not appear to be worth hundreds of dollars to exchange your unit. If your unit is over 30 days old and you did not purchase AppleCare then you will be charged for the repair unless it is a warrently item and your unit is 1 yr old max.

Mar 30, 2012 5:45 AM in response to samfromia

They would replace it with exact same model. Even if u wanted a different color they wouldn't do it. But whether refurbish or brand new you will never know. They're all basically new either way. You really should call and ask them that question or make an appointment with genius bar. We really wouldn't the answer to that one. And like Carl said you should buy a protective case whether you get it replaced or not.

Mar 30, 2012 2:30 PM in response to samfromia

samfromia wrote:

Ok will I still be able to get the replacement even though I got it on March 16. If I go to the store Next Friday, will I still be able to get the replacement for the $299 price?

Please.

No one here can know what will happen to you when you show up at the store. You will have to call them to confirm your current belief that you give them $300 and an essentially undamaged iPad and they give you an identical but new iPad.

Similarly, no one here can know for sure what they will give you. In general, however, replacement items are not NIB, i.e., you don't get the same packaging that you did the first time, nor do you get the other things that came in the box like chargers, cables, docs, etc. Again, check with the store before you go.

Finally, I don't think this has anything at all to with the 14-day limit which is very much about your ability to return a product for a refund as opposed to replacing a product for whatever reason you're wanting to do that.

How much does it cost for apple to replace a iPad 3rd generation with a couple of tiny dents on the back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.