Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete a 'paid' app from my iPad, can it be reinstalled without having to pay for it again?

Hope someone can help me. I own an iPad (first generation) - 32MB and am running ios 4.2 on it. I downloaded a language program and paid $15 for it. When I try to launch it, it comes on for 1 second and then crashes and brings me back to my apps screen. After reading several posts here, I'm getting the sense that I may have to delete the app and attempt to download it again. However, I'm hoping that I'm NOT charged an additional $15 to download it again. Since it automatically debits my credit card, how will I know that it hasn't charged me for the same app AGAIN -- without having to go view my bank card statement?

Appreciate any help on this matter!

Thanks. Othello727

iPad, iOS 4.2

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 4:47 PM

5 replies

If I delete a 'paid' app from my iPad, can it be reinstalled without having to pay for it again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.