Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you set up multiple greetings using custom voicemail greeting on a iPhone 4s? ma

Can you set up multiple greetings using custom voicemail greeting on a iPhone 4s?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 12:14 PM

Why couldn't the Iphone simply store a few geetings to choose from? I use my phone for business and have spent a lot of time perfecting my message. However, their are times I'm not available and would like to be able to quickly switch from my normal greeting to "I'm going to be out of the office today. If you need immediate help, please call 000-000-0000"

Seems like the iphone should be able to simply store a few selectable custom greetings that we could toogle between.

Brennan

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2012 12:14 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Why couldn't the Iphone simply store a few geetings to choose from? I use my phone for business and have spent a lot of time perfecting my message. However, their are times I'm not available and would like to be able to quickly switch from my normal greeting to "I'm going to be out of the office today. If you need immediate help, please call 000-000-0000"

Seems like the iphone should be able to simply store a few selectable custom greetings that we could toogle between.

Brennan

Jun 14, 2012 6:56 PM in response to wjosten

Voicemail may be a carrier feature, but iphone does not dial out to voicemail like other phones do. It plays the message direct from within the phone, so multiple messages should be an easy thing to do. I can rerecord a new greeting within a couple seconds on the iphone, so why couldn't I just select from a list of one's that are already pre-recorded?

Dec 18, 2013 5:52 AM in response to Brennan407

I HAVE THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION!! I CHANGE MY VOICEMAIL A LOT AND I DONT HAVE TO EVER RECORD TWICE!!

This works with custom voicemail greetings made by professionals too. This method will teach you how to add them WITHOUT a Jailbreak!!

Use an auxillary cable, headphone jack on both ends. (It has to have 3 lines at the end of each 1/8 jack or it will not work) you can get it from radio shack!

Plug 1 end into your iPhone headphone jack

Plug the other end into your mic jack your "other device," laptop, desktop, digital recorder, etc.

Open your custom greeting on your "other device" like ITunes, media player etc.

Play your custom voicemail greeting on your "other device" and press record on your iPhone while on the greetings screen! Then, tap SAVE while still on the greetings screen!

Voila!

Now you can upload custom recordings!! Now you can easily change your custom greetings and upload new ones all the time in minutes! I would save the copies of your greetings to your desktop for future use so you do not have to re-record!!

BTW- you can reverse the process to save your already recorded greeting that is on your iphone!!

Good luck!

Thx,

<Edited By Host>

Can you set up multiple greetings using custom voicemail greeting on a iPhone 4s? ma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.