Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari home page iPad

Is it possible to specify a home page in safari on an iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 9:26 AM

You can't specify a homepage as such, but you can create a homescreen shortcut for a particular page by selecting Add To Home Screen via the icon of the box with the arrow coming out of it at the top of Safari - you can then just tap on that homescreen shortcut to open Safari on that site.

14 replies

May 2, 2012 4:53 PM in response to jimc57

If you are still not seeing it, a simple search through the forums gave me this solution to someone's problem:

Yes as stedman1 has indicated, the feature is still in Safari - unless you no longer have enough room on all of your screens to fit one more icon. If that is the case, the feature will disappear if all of your screens are full!

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

May 3, 2012 10:30 AM in response to Chris CA

Thank you, Chris.

The use of Folders to make space is the obvious solution for me to deal with 427 apps and make room on Screen #1..

I use Folders on my iPhone but did not think of it for the New iPad.

In any event, the facility to more easily designate a Homescreen should be built into the Safari iPad program.

Jim

Safari home page iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.