Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3Gs keeps restarting ever second I've tried everything that I possibly could but nothings working...

Ok I have noticed alot of the same posts but my iPhone 3Gs is restarting every second not minute. It started when I went to restore my phone cause i saw for some odd reason i had over 2gb of memory being waisted by "other" what ever makes that up, anyways so after i restored it I told it to restore from back up ever since then it keeps restarting. help please :-/ ???😕😟

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 11:46 AM

Try to put it in recovery mode to restore it. See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808.

22 replies

Apr 5, 2012 12:40 PM in response to AndrewStuff

Then the next step is to try the process again, this time restoring as a new iPhone rather than from backup. (The restore may not have worked if the source of the problem is contained in your backup.) If restoring it as new doesn't resolve the problem then it is probably a hardware problem and you will need to take it to the Apple store for evaluation. I would save a copy of your backup to your desktop before proceeding so it isn't accidently overwritten. If it is a hardware problem and you end up replacing the phone you will want to restore your new phone from this backup in order to keep your data and settings. You will find the backup at one of these locations:

• Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
  • Windows XP: %AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
  • Windows Vista: %AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
  • Windows 7: %AppData%\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

iPhone 3Gs keeps restarting ever second I've tried everything that I possibly could but nothings working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.