Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my iPhone 4s with no tracker. Can apple still track it?

I lost my iPhone 4s but didn't activate find my iPhone. I have a iPad which now has this setting activated. Is there anyway apple head office can find my phone. I have the serial number

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 2:02 AM

11 replies

Apr 8, 2012 5:56 AM in response to tusharbisht397

I think Julian wright is trying to say there is no hope, so we should give up. Bu thank you tusharbisht397 i have alright given the police my IMEI number. They seem to be hopefully that my iPhone will be return because as soon as you block you phone it useless. The office told me they get a lot of iPhone (especially) handed it. Finger cross I wish you luck on the return of your phone.

With all the location service on the phone I would have hoped they was more we could do to find out iPhones but it seem most of the service are not been used to there true capacity.

Apr 8, 2012 6:11 AM in response to Natasha love

it seem most of the service are not been used to there true capacity.

Find my iPhone isn't designed to locate stolen phones. It is designed to locate lost phones.

The difference between lost and stolen, is if the phone is stolen, the thief will do everything he can to avoid being found. So, he will turn the phone off, wipe it, not connect it to the internet, turn Location Services off etc. to prevent "Find my iPhone" from working.

If a phone is just lost, there is a much higher chance that "Find my iPhone" can do its job. Most honest people would try to return the phone to its owner and not turn it off, or they would hand it in to the police.

Lost my iPhone 4s with no tracker. Can apple still track it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.