Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad airplane mode vs cellular data off vs push notifications

What's the difference between using airplane mode with wifi on as opposed to regular mode with cellular data off on the new iPad with Verizon.?? Also, if I do airplane mode with wifi on will push notifications from game center, email, other apps, etc still work?? I want to conserve as much battery as possible and I know on the phone airplane is a good way to do that but if I turn off cellular data is that virtually the same thing as airplane mode?

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G (Verizon), iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 10:58 AM

nothing...

they should...

yes...

4 replies

Apr 10, 2012 11:15 AM in response to ScottGrem

When I turn on Airplane mode it turns off both Cellular Service and Wi-Fi. Then to get Wi-Fi I have to turn Wi-Fi back on. Seems cumbersome that way. airplanne mode was designed to be a quick and dirty way to stop all radio waves from being emitted by your iPad.

Under normal operation of my iPad I keep cellular off. That save a lot of battery usage but still allows me access to the Internet via Wi-Fi. That's only one step instead of doing the Turn Airplane Moce On and then restart Wi-Fi.

iPad airplane mode vs cellular data off vs push notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.