Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPod Touch keep crashing when I try to edit some of my photos?

Recently, I have found that when trying to edit (crop) some of the photographs and pictures in my camera roll my iPod touch is crashing and turning off. Last night, on a particular photograph my iPod did not only crash and restart itself, it crashed and a white screen took the place of my screen. Only when I held down my home and lock button - for quite some time - did my iPod turn itself off. However, this is not on all photos; only on some and I'm not sure what the link is between the ones that are causing my iPod to crash. These photographs have also not been taken by myself they are photographs which I have 'print screened' using my iPod.

Any information or help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated - not being able to edit my photos is becoming rather annoying.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1, I am only trying to crop my photos

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 2:02 PM

You can try the standard fixes. Other uses have reported the same problem but I do not recall a resolution

- Reset. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory defaults/new iPod.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2012 2:02 PM in response to HolsDols

You can try the standard fixes. Other uses have reported the same problem but I do not recall a resolution

- Reset. Nothing is lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory defaults/new iPod.

May 25, 2012 12:49 PM in response to lllaass

My iPhone is having the same exact problems, and just like Genius Of Apple said, it's only happened with 5.1.1

I have done all of the things you listed, prior to looking up help online, and only to find out that the only help offered is common sense. Apple itself needs to fix the bug, and it's ridiculous that to talk to somebody ABOUT the bug on tech support, ....YOU HAVE TO PAY $30 TO HAVE SOMEONE LISTEN TO YOUR PROBLEM. Apple needs to just FIX their own mistakes. This is obsurd.

I'm very upset that I cannot edit my photos (crop them), it's such a simple thing and Apple probably doesn't even care because "it's a little thing". NO! FIX IT!!!!

Jun 17, 2012 2:38 PM in response to HolsDols

wow everyone i agree because im also on ios 5.1.1 on my non-jailbroken ipod touch 4g. each time i edit a photo (screenshot, etc.) i pess crop and then the screen turn white and then reboots. i hop this bug or glitch can be fixed in the next update ios 5.2 whenever that will come out and i hope this bug wont effect or damage your device.im really worried but im glad its not just me. happened to me the first i got the new update in may 9 or something. APPLE FIX THIS BUG IN YOUR NEXT UUPDATE AND WE WILL ALL BE HAPPY

oh yeah and i also restored at leat 5 times with new factory setting and the glitch is still there. so its obviously an ios 5.1.1 bug.

Jul 3, 2012 7:07 PM in response to Trolled123

Hello,

My wife bought me the latest ipad 5.1 for my birthday in April, 2012. We have since been on a long trip to Europe where we took many photos on a Cannon camera and imported them to the ipad so we could email some home. We also made a few short videos using the ipad.

Although I have not done any editing or even looked at these photos during the two weeks we've been back in the US, my ipad keeps shutting down on its own. I have tried holding down the start button and the control button for ten seconds but it doesn't solve it. The only way I have been able to solve it is by plugging in the charger. If I'm not near an electrical circuit, then most of the time I can't use the ipad.

Chuck from Santa Cruz

Why does my iPod Touch keep crashing when I try to edit some of my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.