Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many GB should I get on a new ipad?

I am planning to buy the new ipad but want to know what would be the appropriate GB size for me. I will be storing documents that I will be attaching to emails. I don't generally have alot of music (<200), and can't imagine that I will ever have more than 2500 pics at a time. I will probably have several aps and will want to add a movie now and then. If it helps, I currently only use close to 8GB on my iphone that has 16GB, but ofcourse I am not storing documents there.

Thanks for any help and guidance you can send my way!

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 5:05 PM

iPads cannot upgrade RAM in the future. As with any device with such limitations, buy as much as you can now.

My humble opinion.

5 replies

Apr 13, 2012 5:38 PM in response to Babs$

Capacity is a personal choice and only you know how many songs, movies, photos, ebooks and apps you intend to use on the device.

If you intend to use the iPad primarily for web use and e-mail and only want to have a modest number of songs, photos, video clips and apps, or price is most important to you, 16 GB should be adequate. In general, however, you likely will be most pleased buying as much capacity as you can afford as it cannot be upgraded after purchase.

Even 64 GB may not truly satisfy those who want to store -- or particularly those who want to create and edit -- hundreds or thousands of songs, photos and videos, particularly given that the high-resolution display dictates the need for much larger image, video and app files than earlier iPad models.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Apr 13, 2012 5:48 PM in response to Babs$

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I will plan to get the 32GB. I do have a macbook that I will be using as well.

As long as we are on the subject.. I am also considering rather or not to add wi-fi option or not. Can I just use my iPhone as a wi-fi hotspot? Just trying to do the most cost effective option.

How many GB should I get on a new ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.