Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many GB do I need on my new iPad?

I'm trying to decide what iPad model I should buy. I'm deciding between 16GB and 32GB wi-fi. I won't be storing any movies on it since I only watch through Netflix, HBO GO etc. I will mostly use it for social networking, internet browsing, email and YouTube. I'll probably have 100-150 songs on there at any one time and not too many photos and videos as I will be loading them onto my Macbook periodically. I have an iPhone 4S that I have the mjority of music and photos on. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 15, 2012 12:42 PM

2 replies

Apr 15, 2012 12:48 PM in response to jtfarnsworth

If you are not planning on having films/tv shows or much music on it then the 16 gig version would probably be enough - they are what tend to take up most space, and sometimes photos. Remember though that some of the storage is taken up by iOS and the built-in apps, so you will have less than the 16 or 32 gig to play with, and the capacity can't be increased once you've bought it (though you can swap content on and off). So you possibly also need to consider whether your use of it might change over time (e.g. storing a number of videos on if travelling somewhere).

How many GB do I need on my new iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.