Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 4s won't turn on unless plug into wall charger, but after I did that my phone showed some things wrong like the clock changed to 7AM, no network service (keeping searching), wifi disabled (can't click), then a minute later it went freeze.

my iPhone 4s won't turn on unless plug into wall charger, but after I did that my phone showed some things wrong like the clock changed to 7AM, no network service (keeping searching), wifi disabled (can't click), then a minute later it went freeze. What happen and what can I do?

Now I'm out of country, What can I do? Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:55 AM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2013 10:59 AM in response to James_Aek.

Hi, I just had the same problem with mine. It would only turn on when plugged into wall charger but would not stay on for long when plugged in. It also said I needed to restore and I had no wifi or cell service. I took to Verizon and they said I needed to restore but i would loose all saved data. I did not want to loose all pics and contacts so I took to a place that repairs Iphones in my city. They took one look and said had a bad charging port. They said they could replace it so that I could then back up all data on my computer before I had to restore. Suprisingly to them, once they replaced the port and put a new battery in, it all worked fine again; even wifi and cell service. The fix cost about $60.00 and I did not loose any data! I have ever posted to any online forums before but had to on this because I want people to know that they don't always have to loose all data!!!

my iPhone 4s won't turn on unless plug into wall charger, but after I did that my phone showed some things wrong like the clock changed to 7AM, no network service (keeping searching), wifi disabled (can't click), then a minute later it went freeze.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.