Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPhone 4S. I performed a remote lock in iCloud. The "find my phone" says the phone is offline. My calls are going to my voice mail. Is SIM card is still intact? Has the phone NOT been restored? Anything more for me to do?

My iPhone 4S was lost or stolen. I performed a remote lock in iCloud.

The "find my phone" says the phone is offline. My calls ARE still going to my voice mail.

Is SIM card still intact? Does this mean the phone has NOT been restored. Is there still

a chance the "find my phone" function could still work? Any ideas? Thanks.

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 2:16 PM

4 replies

Apr 25, 2012 3:04 PM in response to gary327

Not sure why you locked it; your best chance of finding it would be I think to select "send an email when found" then hope the person turns it on and leaves it on until it "calls home (iCloud)". If it's stolen and the thief is savvy, he would know to hard-Off the thing until he decided what to do with it (or pull the SIM card).

I have never liked the passcode lock on turn-on; it seems to me that if you lose your iPhone (or if it's stolen) that your best chance of getting it back is to (of course) have Find My turned-on, but then to let the finder into the phone and hope they poke-around, and/or keep it, long enough for you to track it down and recover it (or call the cops if needed).

Apr 25, 2012 3:49 PM in response to TomsiPhone

Thanks for you help. I locked it to keep anyone from using it. I also forgot to mention that I select" send me an email if found". I'm thinking the person who has it may not be very savvy because the voice mail is still working. Wouldn't the voice mail stop working if someone had performed a hard-Off or pulled the SIM card? Did I prevent the "find my phone" service from working in iCloud by doing the remote lock? Just wondering if I've done all that can be done. Thanks again for your help.

Apr 25, 2012 7:38 PM in response to gary327

I'm not positive about this, but I'd guess that the voicemail service is with your cellular provider i.e. will work w/o the phone instrument.

Doing the "remote lock" should not AFAIK prevent Find My... from working. But it might discourage a thief and cause him to turn it off before iCloud can snare its location? I'd have guessed NOT i.e. that it would register instantly, but I dunno how fast that works.

In any case that's your only hope at this point, to monitor your email and see if a "Found!" is received. If it were me, I'd use my netbook to check email all night long and wake me if one comes in. Good luck, and report back!

I lost my iPhone 4S. I performed a remote lock in iCloud. The "find my phone" says the phone is offline. My calls are going to my voice mail. Is SIM card is still intact? Has the phone NOT been restored? Anything more for me to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.