Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I access my iCloud account on a Samsung Galaxy Android Phone?

Question stated above!

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 4:58 AM

You can get iCloud mail on your phone, nothing else.

9 replies

May 3, 2012 10:54 AM in response to hrainey

hrainey wrote:

How? I can't get mine to set up. I am using all the settings in the help:

IMAP account setting

imap.mail.me.com server

993 port

SSL Security

I get a message that it can't connect to the server. Expected 000a and got 00d.

Post the entire mail settings, imap and smtp, include prt assignments and security settings.

May 31, 2012 6:20 PM in response to Csound1

I'm having the same issue as hrainey. He can't post the entire mail settings here because in the Android setup on galaxy you can't get past the first screen of the setup without getting the error message that he describes. The only information that the screen allows you to input is as he lists it above. The only option then is to press next and the phone checks the incoming settings and you get the error message. I went to a MAC store and was told by a tech rep that although me and mac accounts worked with android, icloud will not. So, if you have an android phone (at least one made by samsung) you are probably out of luck unless samsung and/or android fixes the issue.

Aug 2, 2012 9:32 AM in response to Art Shop

I've been playing with a Galaxy here at work and here's what I've found so far - please feel free to jump in and suggest alternative methods to configure or access the various icloud components.

So the original Q: Can you access your icloud account on Android?

Not entirely: the website can't be used from an android browser (not properly - even with Dolphin HD and posing as different browsers it won't load correctly. So Find my iphone is out, so is the address book or looking at your e-mail or calendar just in a browser window

I was able to setup my e-mail using the IMAP settings published here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864

Be sure to setup the account manually - and note if you have trouble using SSL try TLS (that worked for me)

Address book is a no go so you'll have to use iTunes to sync all your contacts over to Gmail - if you still have an iPad it means managing contacts in two places though 😟. Same goes for your calendar - transfer it to Gmail and forget about iCloud's calendar. Nice instructions here: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20064060-285/how-to-switch-from-iphone-to-an droid/

iWork is an Apple proprietary bit so don't expect much there.

So in my case, if I'm really going to make the switch to a Galaxy from my iPhone it really means I'm going to have to switch to using google as the backend. The timing to swap over to a galaxy/android phone is not the greatest - given that I'd have to give up my Apple addiction (syncing photos and itunes and losing access to my device tracking). Plus I still have an iPad and a mac and like living in the Apple ecosystem. I think I'll wait and see what the new iPhone looks like before I commit 😉

Can I access my iCloud account on a Samsung Galaxy Android Phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.