Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPad won't send messages?

My iPad2 won't send message to person I just received from. The send button is blue but not active. When I try to send to send a new message to another person their name is red marked with ! and the send button is gray. It won't accept any new name - alwayas in red with !.

Posted on Apr 28, 2012 9:08 AM

8 replies

Apr 28, 2012 10:15 AM in response to ThinkSimilar

I tried several people who I send messages to all the time. All come up red with ! I can write a message but the send button is gray and inactive. The original person is my daughter who I was just trying to reply to. The send button is blue but won't send. This just began happening. I have been sending messages ever since I got this ipad.

May 27, 2012 12:11 PM in response to Leah1040

Figured it out. The iPad message box has two lines. The first says "Subject" in gray. If you type something into the "Subject" line, but don't type anything on the next line (which is for the message), the send button remains inactive. Try typing the message on the second line. Send button then becomes active.

Now why couldn't Apple tell us that?

Why won't my iPad won't send messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.