Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad screen goes blank or app time out?

Why does my iPad screen go blank/black when in an app like Linked In and reading an article posted in LI from WSJ? Annoying and non productive to have to hit the button, re enter ap and scroll to article again, help please

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 5, 2012 4:43 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2012 5:47 AM in response to TGreg

It is sporadic and actually timing out may be a better or more accurate description of what is happening. I have t been able to replicate it this morning in other Aps but it does it and has for a while and I only decided to post this AM to get any help or insight. Zite or other apps aren't timing me out and open right back to where I left off if I walk away.

May 5, 2012 6:19 AM in response to MJoyce72

You do know that the screen will go black after a set amount of time if there is no user input - correct? The iPad goes to sleep.

Settings>General>Auto-Lock. I think the default is set for two minutes. Why the apps that you return to are not in the same place where you left off, I cannot anser unless that is simply how those apps work withou user input after a ceratin amount of time.

May 30, 2012 6:29 PM in response to Demo

I have the same problem as MJoyce. For me it happens with a wide range of apps, so I really think it's a hardware issue. Also, it's not about the auto-lock, as it will happen when I'm actually interacting with it - and will sometimes happen in quick succession: going black, coming back on again, going black, and then showing the home screen. Going to try a restore, and then I'll be off to the Apple store.

IPad screen goes blank or app time out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.