Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best app for managing data usage on an iPhone 4S?

What app are most of you using to manage your data usage on an iPhone 4S.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 6, 2012 12:04 PM

9 replies

May 6, 2012 12:40 PM in response to Hovscorpion

As I said below, those apps only report your usage, not allow you to manage it.

No app can manage the data usage of your phone because no app has control over what data any other app uses. Those apps won't prevent you from going over your allowance by managing your phones data usage. You've still got to manually watch what you're using, whether it be a third-party app or the built-in usage report.

Nov 1, 2012 10:58 AM in response to ED3K

Assuming that DonXX means 'monitor' rather than 'manage', my experience may be of relevance.

I have a data usage problem with my iPhone 4. It started for me when I 'upgraded' to ioS 6. This may or may not be a coincidence. I went from an average monthly data usage of 150MB/month (a 2 year average) to 8.1 GB up/download in 28 days. To try and track down which app is The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, I've just installed the Onavo Count app. This claims to monitor the data usage of each app. My sights at the moment are on Skype. I only use iCloud for Calendar syncing.

What is the best app for managing data usage on an iPhone 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.