Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon iPad usage software is inaccurate

Not a question, but a comment. I bought Data Usage App to monitor my surfing, as I heard it is more accurate than the iPad Settings counter, and the Verizon 4G is so fast, I usually prefer it to wifi. A couple weeks ago, I noticed cellular usage in the iPad settings was much higher than the results I got on Data Usage App. So I was very frugal thereafter, not knowing which was correct.

Yesterday, I noticed the iPad Settings showed I was very near the 2G. I checked Data Usage, and it said I was a little over 1G. I called, and Verizon tech confirmed Data Usage was correct. Don't worry about it, he said. I went outside and used a little 4G, and came back inside, switching to wifi. An hour after I was using wifi, i received a message that I had exhausted my data plan. I called Verizon back. They said ignore it, you are a little over 1G. I said, I can't ignore it, it won't give me data. I went into the place where you get more data, and the message went away. I said, nevermind.

The next time I got on 4G, the message saying I needed to buy more data returned, and directed me back to the place where you agree to pay more money. I called back. The Verizon Tech reset Subscriber Services, and told me the data in Settings would be corrected. She said it would take a few minutes.

Today, it shows I am over my 2G limit. Still not correct.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 15, 2012 12:35 PM

There are no replies.

Verizon iPad usage software is inaccurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.