Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 replacements?

Hi,

Okay so I was just wondering about iPhone 4 replacement parts, I recently changed the screen front on my iPhone 4 to white (conversion) and I was just wondering if the replacement parts are weaker than the original parts. So is the replacement part going to smash easier/scratch easier or is it pretty much the same. Also the screen part was said the be genuine.

Many thanks,

Any help is appreciated :)

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 19, 2012 5:28 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2012 5:35 PM in response to isancho2308

From whom did you buy the "repacement parts"? If Apple, they would be of the original quality. If non-Apple, it depends. There are part vendors who purchase and strip old iPhones, and sell the parts. There are part vendors who deal in counterfeit parts. Since Apple's suppliers are forbidden to sell parts to the open market, a third-party vendor offering "new, original, and unused" iPhone parts is scamming you.

May 19, 2012 5:53 PM in response to carl wolf

I bought the part off eBay, is there anyway to tell the difference because when I installed the part I noticed a little code on the digitiser or LCD cable that had something like this "APPLE (then it had like a code here), is this a sign saying its genuine/oem? Also is there any way to tell the difference by looking at the front of the part when the phone is functioning because the white screen seems to be exactly the same in the sense the way it resists fingerprints (from the oleophic coating). Your help is really appreciated :)

iPhone 4 replacements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.