Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need adobe flash player on my ipad....

i need adobe flash player on my ipad.......

apple ppppllleeeeeaaassseeeeeee.......

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 21, 2012 6:50 PM

45 replies

May 21, 2012 6:52 PM in response to yudcent

No Flash for iPads, iPhones, or iPods

Here's why there's is no Flash available for iDevices or other mobile devices. Adobe was unable to provide a product that was suitable to the needs of battery powered mobile devices used for Internet browsing. Existing Flash technology used too much memory, ate battery life, and was buggy. Simply put Flash did not work well on mobile devices.

Apple's Steve Jobs led the escape from Flash dependency when Apple introduced the iPhone, and later introduced the iPad. There was a hue and cry over the omission. Time proved Jobs was right on target.

So this is why there is no Flash for your iPhone or iPad or iPod nor for most SmartPhones. Flash has been abandoned by many sites in favor of supported technologies such as HTML5 or by providing their own custom app.

Here is Steve Jobs official comment on his momentous decision to omit Flash from iDevices: Steve Jobs on Flash.

Here is Adobe's later announcement to cease development of Flash for mobile devices: Adobe on Mobile Flash.

Now, you are not necessarily out on a limb. There are some apps that can display some Flash, but don't count on there ability to display anything using Flash.

Apps that can display some Flash from the Web:

• Puffin
  • SkyFire
  • Photon Flash
  • Browse2Go
  • iSwifter

Also, note that many sites that use Flash provide their own app for accessing their material. So check with your favorite sites and find out if "there's an app for that."

Jun 28, 2012 6:50 AM in response to Kappy

That is the politically correct answer. the real answer is 2-fold: 1 apple HATES HATES HATES adobe (the feeling is mutual). 2 flash is slowly going away. reason #2, and "battery life", is really just an excuse by apple to ditch an adobe product. And for a consumer producy this may not be a big deal. However, flash is still used a lot in enterprise. This is yet another example of how Apple pushes consumer devices onto enterprise/education without having any legitimate way to manage, deploy, and support them.

FYI, flash may not be easy on batteries, but how often does one actual have flash loaded? On android devices running flash it's only really when watching embedded videos (fox news, cnn, cbs local affiliates, and still a vast majority of other news sites use flash exclusively for video streaming) or small applets for chat. how often do you do that? not often enough where it would be a serious battery drain. the entire "battery life" argument is entirely smoke and mirrors. it's completely baseless in the real world.

Jun 28, 2012 8:55 PM in response to gyrhead

Not actively developing (new features) and stopped supporting (still fixing bugs and maintaining) are very different things. Correct Nov 2011 Adobe realised much new consumer content will be HTML5 or app based but they are very much maintaining flash for the literally hundreds of thousands of existing customers and enterprise solutions that still use flash. Moreover, which ever way you slice it, flash will still be round for YEARS yet. Answer: so it's clear for Apple, being the first to jump from Adobe or to switch to a technology THEY prefer, trumps the needs of thousands if not millions of their CUSTOMERS who will still have need for Flash for at least 2-3 years more by which time the current iPad will be as obsolete as Flash. Just another example of that special kind of arrogance apple style....

Jun 29, 2012 5:01 AM in response to thejet909

The bottom line is that even Adobe realizes that Flash is not suitable for mobile platforms such as the iPad and Android devices. Personally, I am weary of the constant need to update Flash ( to fix security holes for the most part) on our organizations desktops and laptops for multiple browsers and OS's. Any single piece of software that needs to be updated so often to fix security issues is fundamentally flawed. I can understand the need to update an entire OS on a regular basis but a software program? Really.

Jun 29, 2012 1:40 PM in response to TonyK58

Whatever. The bottom line is that there is no version of Flash for iOS, Adobe has dropped all further development of the mobile Flash players, and the chances that Apple will create their own is vanishingly small. Further debate about the merits of that decision here are fruitless. If you must have a device the can run Flash and the various substitute options don't work, by some other device. Note, though, that as of August 15th, you won't be able to do a new install of Flash on an Android device either, and cannot do so now on Android 4.1

i need adobe flash player on my ipad....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.