Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

we need to be able to lock ipad folders. (or is there an app I cant find?)

We use our ipad as a communication and education tool for my son who has autism. I want him to have free access to certain apps, but not others. I would think the ability to lock an app folder is the simplest solution and I don't know why this is not a function of the ipad - it seems pretty rudimentry. The same goes for protecting videos/photos. We use a lot for augmented communication as well as video modelling and this week he deleted most of them (before I had a chance to back up). The ipad is very obviously being promoted in a special needs setting (indeed it is seen as revolutionary for families with non verbal children), this is one thing that would significantly improve the product for our market.

iPad 2

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:30 PM

This is a user to user forum. Apple does not read here. Apple does not comment or answer here.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

7 replies

May 23, 2012 7:39 PM in response to hnanders

The best thing is to send them feedback. Given the increased popularity of the device for education and special needs people I can certainly see how some control is needed.

If restrictions doesn't help enough you could try separating his apps onto their own page and see if that helps to keep him on task and away from things he shouldn't be accessing.

we need to be able to lock ipad folders. (or is there an app I cant find?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.