Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to close background apps on my iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1? I'm getting crazy!!!

I'm running iOS 4.2.1 on my iPhone 3G and it's getting very slow because i cant close the apps that i finished to use (can't close bg apps). If you would help me i'll appreciate il very much 😕

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2, iOS 4.2.1

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 9:10 AM

14 replies

Jun 1, 2012 9:47 AM in response to Gizmo_92Zz

It's likely running slow because of iOS4, not because of apps being open. Standard troubleshooting...

• Try a reset by pressing the home and sleep buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.
  • If still a problem restore from your backup.
  • If still a problem restore as new, i.e. without your backup. See how it runs with nothing synced to it.

You'll most likely need to restore as new to get it running as good as it can. A 3G will never run as good on iOS4 as it did on iOS3.

Is there a way to close background apps on my iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1? I'm getting crazy!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.