Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Apple Id in iMessage

Hi

When switching on iMessage I get the iMessage password screen but for some reason my apple Id is displayed incorrectly and therefore I can't verify.

How can I change it ?

Thanks.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 11:22 AM

41 replies

Jul 26, 2013 5:37 AM in response to maximbalabin

THis is the solution on how to change the darn Wrong apple id for immeasging lets says your old one pops up@

old@Mail.crap

then type in soem random passwords as he said 4-6 times or so until you get promted to change it thats the way to add NEW@MAIL.it.works.now

those are an example Mail adres im using for argumets sake so trype in the wrong passwords a few times if you have changed your apple id to solve your imessaging porblem and m goan test this on soem other faulty issues to if it works like this =)
so keep this in mind guys =)

Jun 7, 2012 12:59 PM in response to Minieggqueen

Not without going through your purchased music and apps in iTunes, clicking on Get Info and looking at the Account field on the summary tab (which indicates the Apple ID used to purchase it). And even then, you may have an Apple ID that you never purchased anything with so it wouldn't show up by checking your purchases in iTunes.

I think you're going to have to contact iTunes store support for help with this: http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html. The "unable to verify email because it is already in use" is usually an indication that the email address associated with the Apple ID you are trying to use has already been verified and associated with another Apple ID (you can only verify an email address with a single Apple ID). If so, you would either have to log into this other Apple ID and delete the email address from the ID profile, or log into the Apple ID you are trying to use now (at https://appleid.apple.com>Manage your account>Sign In) and add a new alternate email address to the ID that can be verified.

Jul 27, 2012 4:55 PM in response to randers4

I'm having a similar problem. iMessage won't let me sign into a different account. I recently discovered I could change my pre-existing apple ID. I changed it but everything linked to it didn't get the memo. I've gone and re-logged in with anything linked to the old ID but iMessage and FaceTime for iPad won't let me sign out without inputting my password for my old ID. Problem is it won't accept a password because it doesn't exist. I've tried changing the iCloud account but iMessage and FaceTime are unaffected.

How to change Apple Id in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.