Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 1.7 g of space left on my Ipad but the app store will not let me download garage band on to my iPad with is only 808mb can some one tell why this is happening. Thanks

Loads of space but not letting me download garage band on to my iPad and comes up with pop up saying not anough space on the iPad

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, White

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 12:02 PM

When the app is downloaded it will expand as all app downloads do. You are downloading a "compressed installer" in a manner of speaking. When the app expands it will be larger than the space that you have left on the device.

App downloads on a computer work the same way,

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2012 12:02 PM in response to 58skiddy

When the app is downloaded it will expand as all app downloads do. You are downloading a "compressed installer" in a manner of speaking. When the app expands it will be larger than the space that you have left on the device.

App downloads on a computer work the same way,

I have 1.7 g of space left on my Ipad but the app store will not let me download garage band on to my iPad with is only 808mb can some one tell why this is happening. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.