Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone keeps freezing during a backup restore...?

My original problem was that every time I took a picture the camera app would close automatically and bring me to my homescreen and that when i tried to open my camera roll the same thing would happen. I had turned my phone on and off several times to no avail and finally got around to restoring it. It has restored and on itunes, it asks if i want to restore it to factory settings or from a previous backup, i chose from a previous back up and now my iphone shows a black screen with the apple logo and the little bar underneath signifying how much has been restored from my backup... no error messages are coming up but it has been frozen/stuck in the same spot for 20 mins.

I dont know if I'm just being impatient or if it is freezing up.

I have tried to completely restart the restore but it just continues to freeze up in the exact same spot.

I havent tried to restore it to factory settings as i would like to keep my contacts and photos if at all possible...

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:21 PM

2 replies

My iPhone keeps freezing during a backup restore...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.