Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Using an excel spreadsheet with macros on my iPad with numbers??

I'm trying to open and edit an excel worksheet in numbers and enable macros, is this possible? If not is there an app I can use to support macros in numbers? Or maybe an app like quickoffice can help me? Does anyone have any info on these at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:16 AM

2 replies

Jun 15, 2012 5:24 AM in response to amybethhoward

Amy,

Excel Macros aren't supported following import to Numbers. I believe that when you open an Excel doc on your iPad, it is being imported to and displayed by Numbers for iOS and I don't think there is an Excel app for iOS. Your original post was in the Mac Numbers discussion area. Someone will probably ask to have the post moved to the iOS area and perhaps someone there will have more information for you.

Jerry

Jun 15, 2012 7:26 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

there is no way to use macros or applescript of any kind in excel files on the iOS version of numbers. And i know of no program that allows it.

If you can work on the desktop version, it does support Applescript, which you would have to convert your existing VBA macros to. It is -not- a direct translation, you have to completely rewrite the code.

Jason

Issue with Using an excel spreadsheet with macros on my iPad with numbers??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.