Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are itunes books so much more expensive than kindle books?

I am a recent convert from Android to iPad and iPhone. Even though I have the Kindle app on both devices and can read my Kindle books, it seemed to make sense to make any new book purchases through iTunes since I already purchase apps and music. However, after comparing about a half dozen books on both Kindle and iTunes, the iTunes books were all higher in price by 30 to 50%. This doesn't make sense to me, so I thought I'd throw it out as a question and see if anyone knew why.

iBook, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 12:46 PM

3 replies

Jun 23, 2012 10:14 AM in response to gsteeves

I'm struggling with the same thing. I prefer to buy all things Apple. If the prices were even close, I would, but I just found yet another book that I need for work where Kindle is literally half the price!!!! One thing I won't do is end up with half of my ebooks in Kindle and half in iBooks, so if Apple doesn't fix this, I'm afraid I will have to buy all my books from amazon. And once you start down either path, it's hard to switch back, so I hope Apple is paying attention.

Why are itunes books so much more expensive than kindle books?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.