Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Ipad is disabled due to forgotten password. I didn't first time sync it. My iTunes does not recognize my iPad device in the left column. How do I connect to iTunes to restore and create a new password.

My Son gave me a new ipad 2 wi-fi 3G cellular. I set it up with my personal password as numerical. When I setup the Good Technology to access my company's email, the system asked for another password to log in. I got confused with the password to access my companies email and the login password for my iPad.

Can anyone help me? I've attempted the passwords I thought I created and the system has now locked me out due to too many attempts.

I haven't had it long enough to sync with itunes or anything. So when I connect via USB cables from my laptop to the iPad having already logged into iTunes, my iPad does not show up in devices and the message says iTunes cannot connect to my iPad and needs a password.

When I press the white wake/sleep button, the display message is: iPad is disabled connect to iTunes.

What a vicious circle.

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:31 PM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2012 1:34 PM in response to k1dab

You may need to put the iPad into recovery mode : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808 - you should then be able to reset the iPad.

If you haven't synced to a computer them (from here) :

If you restore on a different computer that was never synced with the device, you will be able to unlock the device for use and remove the passcode, but your data will not be present.

My new Ipad is disabled due to forgotten password. I didn't first time sync it. My iTunes does not recognize my iPad device in the left column. How do I connect to iTunes to restore and create a new password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.