Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad one is frozen on a black screen the hard reset did not work and no apple was seen although it turned off. iTunes won't recognize it. Do I use a paper lip in the hole? Help

My iPad 1 won't boot and froze on a blank screen the hard reset did not work it turned off but no apple came on then it turned back on with same screen multiple attempts no success. iTunes won't recognize. Next step? Can I put paper lip in hole? Help!

iPad, None

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 2:06 PM

4 replies

Jun 27, 2012 3:21 PM in response to Gregseymour

Gregseymour-

DO NOT STICK A PAPER CLIP IN THE HOLE!

There are two holes. One is a small one that has a microphone behind it. A paper clip would probably ruin the microphone. The other is a 1/8 inch hole where you plug in a headset. A paper clip might short-circuit something.

First connect the iPad to its wall charger for at least half an hour to be sure it has enough juice to get started.

Then if the iPad does not wake up when either the Home or Sleep button is pressed, press and hold the Sleep button for several seconds and see if the Apple logo appears. If it does, then your iPad has been turned off instead of merely being put to sleep.

Beyond that, look for an iPad repair center. The Apple Authorized Repair Centers may be more expensive. If you want to try them, look at <Apple Authorized Repair Centers>. There may be one in your city.

Fred

Jun 27, 2012 3:26 PM in response to Fred-M-

Follow Fred*M's advice. but try one other thing. I know you should be able to do a reset within a few seconds of holding the home button and the power button down together. But you may need to hold them for what will seem like a very long time to actually get the iPad to reset. My wife had a similar problem with her iPad and I decided to hold the buttons down until anything happened from the blank screen and after nearly three minutes the thing restarted and was fine after that.

My iPad one is frozen on a black screen the hard reset did not work and no apple was seen although it turned off. iTunes won't recognize it. Do I use a paper lip in the hole? Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.