Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s & Oxygen Audio O-Car Head Unit...

Hi everyone,

I am in need of some help,

I have had an Oxygen Audio O-Car Head Unit in my car (http://www.oxygenaudio.com/231-o-series) for nearly a year,

and last week it started playing up, when I dock my iphone 4s into it it no longer charges up.

I have heard that in the latest update (I'm running v 5.1.1) Apple have changed the charging pin within the phone, can anyone confirm this?

Im just in the process of sending the head unit back to the maker, but don't want to waste my time and effort if it is the phone that is at fault and not the stereo!

I have also heard that there is a firmware update for the head unit but cant find anyone to confirm this either. so dont know if this does exist, if it will correct the fault between the two.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments given.

Kevin.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 12:15 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2012 5:57 AM in response to Krawli

Hi,

I can't be of any help but I just wanted to chime in that this unit is a great idea but oxygen have backed out of any support or admittance to all the faults as they would go under otherwise.

Far as i'm aware, there is a firmware upgrade but you have to send the unit back to france and even if you do, it could be months IF you get it back! It gets poor reviews everywhere.

Mine charges ok and it's a 4s, otherwise the units is rubish as it doesn't retain any settings.

Let us know how you get on!

Oct 26, 2012 9:56 PM in response to Krawli

I've also got some issues with my oxygen and iPhone 4S. The radio app no longer seems to work at all (not really a problem as all the radio stations in Western Australia are terrible) and now whenever I take the iPhone out of the oxygen cradle it stays stuck in dock mode, which means the speaker doesn't work.

I'm running 5.1.1 as well. Don't think I'll upgrade to the new OS just yet. Given that the new iPhone 5 physcially won't fit into the oxygen it's going to become obsolete anyway. Shame because the concept is brilliant and generally I'm very happy with it. In future I'll stick my old iPhone 3GS in the oxygen and leave it there permanently. The new iPhone should still connect via bluetooth, although it doesn defeat the object a bit. Shame there's no manufacturer support for this because they'd be on to a frickin' goldmine with this product.

iPhone 4s & Oxygen Audio O-Car Head Unit...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.