Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 4 shutting down when I go to my photo album and click edit to crop my picture?

Why is my iPhone 4 shutting down when I go to my photo album and click edit to crop my picture? It won't let me crop my picture. It just unexpectidly turns off when I click the little crop symbol. Help!!!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 7:47 PM

8 replies

Jun 30, 2012 8:09 AM in response to Samantha1005

It's happening to me right now. I saw a couple of answers in other forums. Don't worry, it should just be a minor problem so it's okay. I've tried rebooting the ipod a couple of times but it still doesn't work, I guess what you have to do is delete the photo and try again - If it isn't a screenshot photo but a photo you've just taken and you don't want to lose it, I guess you should just screenshot the photo FROM the photo to sort ofduplicate it. That should help you crop the photo. I screenshotted a wallpaper sort of thing and when I was trying to crop it, the screen turned black and had a loading sign in the middle, then, it turned white and restarted the whole ipod. I was pretty worried, the crop function works for most of my photos except for a few, after a couple of attempts, I would suggest screenshotting the photo if it was taken with camera. If it's a screenshot, simply delete it and just go back to where you were and screenshot it again - It works best.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Jan 3, 2013 1:46 AM in response to Samantha1005

This message is for all with an old iPhone shutting down randomly. I made a post earlier, suspecting the OS to be the fault. It seems not to be the case. My iPhone shuts down randomly, starting around 50 % back on the battery. It would only start when put in the charger. Just laying on the table, it would use up the battery in at single day (16 hours), and then shut down. At 8 £ or 12 $ I bought a new battery. It was quite easy to change, but may be I was just lucky. But after installing the new battery, the iPhone has behaved perfectly. Before it went dead during games. It also shut down trying to start an app if the battery was low.

The phone is a 3Gs. It is 3 years old and has been used by me for work and my kids for gaming. So maybe its no wonder the battery went dead. Funny though - you cant find much about that on the internet, but may by I´ve been looking the wrong places. Hope it helps and sorry if anybody already has given this answer.

Why is my iPhone 4 shutting down when I go to my photo album and click edit to crop my picture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.