Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the iPhone 4 be hacked? Someone sent pics that were only on my phone to people in my contacts. How could this happen?

Can the iPhone be hacked? Someone has sent pics that were only on my iPhone to people in my contacts? How could this happen? Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 8:43 AM

15 replies

Jul 2, 2012 9:34 AM in response to Matthew Morgan

Sent in the form of a text from my cell tn along with two pictures of me. No, no way anyone had access it was 3am right beside my nightstand. I have wi-fi in my house not sure if someone could have accessed it that way or not? One pic is from my Facebook account and the other one has never been placed on a social networking website of any sort? It was just a random picture. I think I know exactly who the person (old boyfriend that needs to move forward with his life) is that did it; I just want to know how they did it so I can block this person from having access to anymore of my info. Thanks

Jul 2, 2012 9:44 AM in response to Livingdeadgirl13

For your phone to have been hacked it would have to be in the hands of another party for at least 15 minuters or more to jailbreak the phone and install spyware software. You can tell if the iPhone is jailbroken by looking for an app called Cydia on your iPhone.

If someone was at your house and picked up your iPhone they could have easily forwarded the pictures using your iPhone while you were otherwise occupied.

Oct 24, 2012 2:10 PM in response to Livingdeadgirl13

My sister and I had this happen to us, only ours were phone calls and not text. We were together this morning and a call was made from her iphone 4 at 3am to a person in her contacts list. A call was made from my iphone 4 at 3:24am this morning from my iphone to a person in my contact list. Neither one of us made these calls. Our phones were in our pockets. No one else could have had access to our phones at any time. We have seperate contracts with ATT and none of the other iphones on our contracts had calls made. She has had her phone over 2 years, mine less than a week.

Jun 26, 2013 8:44 AM in response to mjbj730

Well it is still happening. Last week on a 50 minute walk in my neighborhood, my iPhone, which was in my pocket the whole time, placed six outgoing calls according to the recent call log. The first was to an 866 number that I could find neither in my contact list nor in my recent call log. The other five calls were to numbers in my contact list and recent call log; two of the attempts were to use FaceTime. And the calls were real because one of the recipients returned the call wanting to know why I had called him twice in a few minutes and hung up. I know this cannot happen, but...

Can the iPhone 4 be hacked? Someone sent pics that were only on my phone to people in my contacts. How could this happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.