Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 4 year old deleted the mail app from my iPhone 4S. How do I get it back?

My 4 year old got a hold of my iPhone 4S without my permission to play a game and delete the mail app from the phone. I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go to restore it without restoring the phone back to factory settings. Is this what I need to do or is there some other way to get it back on the phone?

Thanks.

Kristin

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:35 AM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2012 10:38 AM in response to KT1280

It's a pre-installed app and therefore cannot be deleted so it may have been moved onto another screen or into a folder. Check all screens and folders and do a search in Spotlight, it will tell you if the app it still on your iPhone but unfortunately not where it is. If you find it on one or your screens or in a folder, press the icon until it wiggles and then drag it back to where you want it. Alternatively you can reset your home screen in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

My 4 year old deleted the mail app from my iPhone 4S. How do I get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.