Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 stuck on boot screen

my iphone froze up while opening the phone app so i did a hard reset (held down power & home button until it shut off). when i turned the phone on again it got stuck on the boot screen. i tried plugging it in to my computer to restore it but nothing happens. any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 3:31 PM

You have performed several very good trouble shooting steps. So, to save time lets just go with a DFU Mode Restore.

Connect iPhone to computer with iTunes open. Hold both Home and Power Buttons for exactly 10 seconds, release the Power Button, keep holding the Home Button until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode. This usually takes less than 30 seconds time. If the iPhone screen is black this is DFU Mode. Restore the iPhone Firmware.

If you still have problems and Warranty or AppleCare Coverage, make Genius Reservation and take iPhone to Apple for resolution.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2012 3:31 PM in response to MrGuinness

You have performed several very good trouble shooting steps. So, to save time lets just go with a DFU Mode Restore.

Connect iPhone to computer with iTunes open. Hold both Home and Power Buttons for exactly 10 seconds, release the Power Button, keep holding the Home Button until iTunes recognizes iPhone in Recovery Mode. This usually takes less than 30 seconds time. If the iPhone screen is black this is DFU Mode. Restore the iPhone Firmware.

If you still have problems and Warranty or AppleCare Coverage, make Genius Reservation and take iPhone to Apple for resolution.

Mar 1, 2015 11:56 PM in response to MrGuinness

hi guys,

Just wanted to share this with all you guys as i suffered for a while don't want you guys to face the same problem.

i have iPhone 4s with ios 8.1.2 not jail broken was trying to reset the settings and after that it got stuck on the apple logo on boot.

here is how i fixed the problem.

1. Press Home and power button together wait until screen goes black.

2. attach the cable to your iPhone that is connected to your PC , as soon as you will connect the cable press the home button until it shows you the you are into recovery mode and would display your device on iTunes.

3.Try to restore your device with the latest firmware available.

(this is where things got changed)

when i tried it for the first time the firmware got installed and a pop up came up saying that my iPhone will restart and will be shown in iTunes. i did that and again my iPhone got stuck on the apple logo.

So i tried the whole process again and this time when the message pop up i removed the cable from the iPhone then i saw a different screen where it shows you the loading screen one more time and it got installed perfectly fine.It worked and got my home screen back.

Please don't try any weird third party software run on your iPhone when you can use iTunes.

Good Luck 🙂..

iPhone 4 stuck on boot screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.