Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 3GS Application Installation button is inactive and appears to look like that 'Install...' instead of full button whenever I click on it to install new application programmes like Free BP Tracker etc. It does not even give msg to say why. Why?

My Iphone 3GS Application Installation button is inactive and appears to look like that 'Install...' instead of full button whenever I click on it to install new application programmes like Free BP Tracker etc. It does not even give msg to say why. Why?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 6:08 PM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2012 8:25 PM in response to leesiewleelsl

The 3GS can be updated to the latest iOS (5.1.1) and the 3G can be updated to 4.2.1. If you want to update your phone, first import all your photos and videos to your computer for safekeeping (see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083). Then back up your contacts. Then connect your phone to your computer and open iTunes. iTunes will probably automatically prompt you that an update is available. If it doesn't, click on the name of your phone on the left sidebar, then go to the Summary tab to the right and click on Check for Update and follow the prompts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.