Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to protect the iPhone 4S camera lens

hey I just bought a new iPhone 4S and it takes pretty amazing photos. Now I'm fearful of the fact that the camera lens may get scratches, smudges et etera so could you suggest me any protective cases which also covers the camera with a transparent glass/plastic. That same case too should protect the screen. I've tried the otterbox defender. While it does a pretty good job of protecting the phone's screen and the phone overall but it leaves the camera unprotected. Or should I jusy buy those sticky plastic things(the thin clear transparent film) that I'll put on the camera lens and replace it once a month or could you suggest me a case which both protects the screen and the camera. Just another thing that the case should rotect it from ordinary drops. Thanks in advance for the help. 🙂 I really appreciate it.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 6:17 AM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2012 7:47 AM in response to nandaanupam

Don't worry about it. I have seen a few scratched lens on very abused iPhone 4 and 4S. But of the 50 or so friends family iPhones only half use case, none use special lens protection, none ever have a lens scratch that interferes with perfect photos.

If somehow you do scratch lens fix is to just replace the backplate. Or to simply push out the lens and press a new one into place. The lens costs $1.

How to protect the iPhone 4S camera lens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.